Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Speaking of paint jobs...

This is not the first time I applied paint to the trailer.  Soon after purchasing it, I painted the CoolCat grill because I found the color (a bad attempt to match the cabinetry) revolting.  Simple enough, remove the screws, scrape off the decal, clean it up, and paint.
I didn't care for the putty-colored refrigerator either, so I painted that as well.  Remove the two screws forming the hinge, and the door comes off.  Mask off the white plastic interior, and go to town. Unfortunately, I didn't mask it very well; I took great care to mask the bits in contact with the front, but didn't think to mask the inside any further.  The result -- a fine mist of black spray-paint wafted onto the interior, making it look like I have black mold growing on the inside.  Luckily, the worst of it was on the bottom and can't be seen easily. The panel to the left of the refrigerator unscrews just like the CoolCat cover, so that was easy.

Now everything in the interior is black...except for that pesky 120v outlet.  Must do something about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment