Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Broken Roof Vent

 Note: do not drive off with your roof vent open. I came home to this:

The crank has come loose and I have had to screw it back in before, but this is different.  I could not get the vent to close no matter what I did. Something obviously broke inside the plastic housing.

I unscrewed the the 12 screws surrounding the vent to take the frame off. 

From there, two more screws on either side of the interior housing needed to come out (you can see the groove for the screwdriver in the above photo).

Disconnect the two wires (it’s a simple blade connector) and the housing will come off. Along with a rain of dead bugs.


And here’s the problem - the unit that the crank handle attaches to has fallen out of position and was hanging loose. Luckily, the two screws that came out were still inside the plastic housing.


Everything screwed back into place now.  The only thing left to do is put the plastic housing and crank back on and I’m back in business.


No comments:

Post a Comment